Thursday 25 January 2024

No 25 Update

 As no one has read the first 2 posts that I have put on my blog in 2024, I will have to consider whether it is worth writing. The first one included the January walk bird sightings at Markeaton park. The second was a list of the first 6 proposed birding venues for 2024.


This is just a reminder that the next walk is a week tomorrow, Friday 2nd February 2024, to Attenborough Gravel Pits, meeting at 10.00am, near the ticket machine, finishing at 12.30.

NOTE    After my now resolved but unsatisfactory issue with my double charge for parking, I was informed that the parking payment procedure has slightly changed.    I visited the site yesterday and now see that the first 30 minutes is free. Also the sign states "You do not need to pay for parking on entry" , which means that you pay when you leave.   In that way you will only pay once.

I became aware of the slightly changed procedure, by a friend who paid on entry, and then paid again when he left.   Why he went to the machine twice, I've no idea!!!! He won't do that again.

So to reiterate, to park at Attenborough Gravel Pits, the maximum charge for one day is £3. HOWEVER I remain unsure whether leaving the car park, say to go to MacDonalds, and coming back for the afternoon, will be electronicly recorded as one or two visits.   Just be careful.


See you on the 2nd.

David


No comments:

Post a Comment