Sunday 9 September 2018

An unmemorable week!!!!


Sunday 9th September 2018

This is a VERY strange day.  Since my post on the 2nd September my binoculars have not left my study.   They have been cleaned, thoroughly, because they will soon be going to Cyprus, but not yet a while.

Mary has very ably repaired the case for my telescope, which had some of the stitches coming adrift, 
and she did a very good example of invisible mending. 

But what you will realise is that I have done no bird watching in 7 days, and for no other reason that I have been too tired or lethargic.  The week before I was prescribed some sleeping tablets, one before I go to bed, with the warning that I may well find that I am very tired the next day. The prescription came with clear instructions that I must think carefully the next day about whether I should drive or not.

I took the first tablet on Sunday, and Monday felt OK. But the Tuesday night tablet produced a most unenjoyable sensation on Wednesday morning, so Wednesday was a lethargic day doing the square root of d**n all!

Ditto Saturdays’ tablet, leading to another sleepy day, today Sunday.    I had planned to visit Carsington to-day, but I think I would have been a danger on the road.

So as I say, I am in this strange situation having written 131 blog posts since 24th December 2015, and I have NOTHING to write about to-day.

…………………..apart from!!!         Sarah and Julian had a week in Dartmouth last week and went up the river Dart with my brother Simon on his boat “Tatti”. Julian did send me some photos of water borne birds, but the only one I have been able to edit is this seal, which certainly isn’t a bird.



Mary & I did get to an antique fair on Saturday at Uttoxeter, and my micro-tibia collection was enhanced by this rather nice table lighter (on the right), in the shape of a boot, and in leather. Goes well with my other table lighter. So that’s 123 to date!!




 Where do I/we go from here?      Don’t hold your breath, but wait and see. I am presently planning to give you some bird news on about the 28th September, but that needs some planning, which I am working on.   Mysterious?   Yes….meant to be!!
Happy Birding

David.

5 comments:

  1. I would have thought, knowing the time and dedication David puts into his various walks and the knowledge he imparts, that we would be looking at at least a few good wishes for a speedy recovery from his recent trials and tribulations. Or perhaps I have just misread human nature once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised at the effect of the sleeping tablets. The medication I was prescribed by my neurosurgeon to stop migraines had a similar effect. Like you I quickly realised that driving was not an option.
    Good to see that your enthusiasm for erotica - thinly disguised as micro-tibia - has not dimmed.
    With everything you have been through in recent weeks, me too in a different way, I think a change in life style may be coming for both of us.....

    Devon Doodles - Week 8

    Yes I know it's late! You'd be late if you had spent the week interned in a huge drum while the Demon Joiner tries to get in with a chain saw!

    And he also has a black sense of humour...

    Tuesday, 4th September. "Did I mention" he says...
    Of course he didn't bl**dy mention!
    Blood pressure up 5 points
    "Did I mention" he says, "that if the floor boards had had to be taken up, the ceilings in the bedrooms below would have collapsed?"
    "Is that all" I said
    Blood pressure up another 20 points

    Thursday, 6th September
    Went to Lynmouth
    Bought large wall clock
    Why? I hear you ask
    When I am under stress I find that spending money helps

    Must be getting in touch with my feminine side I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think the Sisterhood have finally cracked it. A surge in micro tibia collectors; retail therapy sessions for our menfolk: and look what's happening elsewhere! An all female cast in serious positions of authority. Prime Minister: General Secretary of the TUC, Chancellor of Germany, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police,Leader of the House of Lords, CEO of the British Retail Consortium. and not forgetting us birders, President of the RSPB! And to finally invade hallowed territory occupied for over decades; commentary in one of 'Match of the Days' Premier Football League games; the final frontier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry....I've Lost the plot on the last comment, because I've not heard of any other microtibialists?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, what luck! I sincerely hope you're alright now after the bout of illness and wish you a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete